The Board of Directors of the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) elected the association’s new officers and congratulated those presented industry awards at last month’s virtual Leadership Forum.
“The dedication of these industry leaders makes it possible for AHRI to continue to be the recognized voice of the industry and a reliable source for information,” said AHRI President and CEO Stephen Yurek. “We are very grateful for their service to AHRI and the HVACR and water heating industry.”
AHRI’s new Chairman is Michael Schwartz, CEO, Daikin Applied Americas.
- Vice Chairman: Ron Duncan, President, Magic Aire
- Vice Chairman: Kevin Wheeler, A.O. Smith
- Treasurer: Megan Fellinger, President & CEO, Morrison Products
- Past Chairman: John Galyen, President, Danfoss North America
- Kevin Beckett, President, R. W. Beckett
- Gary Bedard, EVP, President, and COO Worldwide Refrigeration, Lennox
- Mike Branson, President, Rheem Manufacturing Co.
- Bruce Carnevale, President and CEO, Bradford White Corp.
- Chris Nelson, President, Carrier Residential and Commercial Systems
- Joe Oliveri, VP and GM Global Ducted Systems, Johnson Controls
- Brent Schroeder, President Air Conditioning Business, Emerson
- Donny Simmons, President, Commercial HVACR, Ingersoll Rand
- John Swann, President, Weil-McLain
- John Thomas, President & CEO, WaterFurnace
The Richard C. Schulze Award is given for distinguished service and commitment to AHRI and the industry’s goals and objectives. AHRI congratulates:
- Beth Braddy, Trane Technologies
- John Gibbons, Carrier Corporation
- Bruce Heirlmeier, Zero Zone
The Distinguished Service Award is AHRI’s highest honor; it recognizes industry leaders who have made significant contributions throughout their careers. AHRI congratulates:
- Roger Richmond-Smith, Smardt
- Robert “Dutch” Uselton, Lennox
AHRI is the trade association representing manufacturers of air conditioning, heating, and commercial refrigeration, and water heating equipment. An internationally recognized advocate for the industry, AHRI develops standards for and certifies the performance of many of these products. AHRI's 300+ member companies manufacture quality, efficient, and innovative residential and commercial air conditioning, space heating, water heating, and commercial refrigeration equipment and components for sale in North America and around the world. For more information, visit www.ahrinet.org.