Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced that Design Envelope pumps with Permanent Magnet motors up to 10hp are now available NEMA 4X/IP66 rated, for outdoor installation. Featuring advanced performance mapping technology and load-limiting logic, the new pumps reduce energy consumption by as much as 30% compared to pumps supplied with a loose variable speed drive. Together with new more efficient pump hydraulics, the new 1 to 10hp pumps can save an additional 20% compared to competing integrated products with induction motors.
The new line of Design Envelope Outdoor Pumps with Permanent Magnet Motors up to 10hp from Armstrong Fluid Technology.
Other features of the new Design Envelope outdoor pumps include:
- Cover to protect touchscreen user interface from dirt & sunlight
- Overhead weather shield protects motor fan from ice seizures
- Factory-tested NEMA 4X rated controls are TL approved
- Available Parallel Sensorless control provides additional energy savings through best-efficiency staging
- Available Pump Manager service provides pump performance tracking along with alerts, alarms and data storage
“The conventional approach to rooftop and outdoor pumps is to install VFDs in a central, outdoor-rated control panel, separate from the pumps. This adds unnecessary costs and requires a larger footprint,” said Zeljko Terzic, Global Offering Manager, Pumps. “Our new Design Envelope pumps feature integrated controls for a reduced footprint and substantially reduced installation costs.”
About Armstrong Fluid Technology
With over 1,200 employees worldwide, operating eight manufacturing facilities on four continents, Armstrong Fluid Technology is known as an innovator in the design, engineering and manufacturing of intelligent fluid flow equipment, control solutions and digital technologies. For more information, visit www.armstrongfluidtechnology.com.